I’m excited to say that I have once again been nominated by April from Rodes on the Road for a blogging award. This time it’s the Sunshine Blogger Award. The award aims to recognise positive bloggers who act as an inspiration to others.
Obviously I’m grateful to April for this nomination, but I’m also quite humbled by the fact that anyone would see me as an inspiration. To me, I’m just an average person doing what I do. Sure, some of what I do involves crazy adventures in far-off lands, but that’s nothing that can’t be done by any other average person. Go on, give it a try! ;o)
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award for bloggers from bloggers. It is given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring. A ray of sunshine in the blogging community. People who entertain you and make you smile :o)
Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination Rules
As with all awards of this type, there are some simple rules that the nominee needs to follow.
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to his/her blog.
2) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3) Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award and write 11 new questions.
4) List these rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and on your blog.
1. What inspired you to write?
I love writing. I like saying things that no one else has said, or taking something that someone else has said and making it sound better. That’s what got me through high school English!
In relation to my blog, I just love sharing some of the crazy stuff that happens when I travel. From the feedback I’ve gotten, you guys love reading it too!
2. If you’re given a chance to talk to unfortunate young children, what would you say?
*Teacher Mode Enabled* Children have an insane capacity to learn and do, if only they are encouraged. So I encourage. I push them. I let them know that they can do anything they think they can do. They might hate me now, but they’ll thank me later!
3. When you have to do an inspirational poem or message, how does it sound?
Inspirational I hope! I don’t normally have to write inspirational stuff, but I do have to motivate kids to learn every day, does that count?
4. Life hits us hard sometimes, and when you hit bottom what do you do? Do you write something about it? In what way? Journal, poem, and or song?
I spent a few years at the bottom and I’m pretty sure it’s writing that got me through it. I wrote hundreds of poems and songs. They may be shared one day. Or not.
5. Who you look up to?
People who do their own thing and don’t follow the crowd. People who are unapologetic about the fact that they are themselves and don’t have to answer to anyone but themselves.
I also have all the time in the world for people that can debate an issue that they have a different opinion about and still keep stuff civil. Embracing differences is what helps us grow.
6. Do you have a favorite book and or author that helps you positively change your life? If yes, what book and who is the name of the author?
Unfortunately, I don’t read books that much these days. When I did, I really loved reading fantasy books by Raymond Feist.
7. Blogging is not an easy task to do. So what difficulties you encountered and how you handle them?
It’s not as glamorous as some would make it out to be! I haven’t really encountered any difficulties yet. Well, except that time that my hosting company couldn’t handle a boost in traffic and my site was down for the best part of 3 days. I’m glad to say that my new hosting company really stepped up.
8. Why should readers follow you?
I hope that I can entertain people and show them that the world is more accessible than they think. I’d also like to show people that travel isn’t just for the rich. I often provide tips and guides for getting through places on a budget.
9. What inspires you to travel, and why?
The world is a wondrous place. Travel enables me to see cultures first hand and have amazing experiences that I can’t have at home. It helps me to not only see the best scenery, but also the best of people. That’s what keeps my faith in humanity alive.
10. Do you find a life quotation that can describe your life journey as a whole? What would it be?
“Life begins on the edge of your comfort zone”. I’m not actually sure that I have a comfort zone anymore, as I spend so much time out of it.
11. In what way you can help spread positivity to your community and to the world we live in?
I try to help out where I can. There are a few charities here in Hong Kong that I offer my time to when I have it.
And the Nominees Are..
Chris from Golden Bloggerz
Sonila from Mediteranean Latin love Affair
Sheri from Keto Foodification
Steve from Plumb and Lined
Nart from Cooking With Nart
Ai from Ai Made it for You
John from Business and Life Tips
Jennifer from Kinging Queen
Tamra from Nuturing Tamra
Jerry from Four Columns of a Balanced Life
Teresa from Joys, Blessings and Poetry
My Questions for the Nominees
1) If money wasn’t an issue, what would be your dream trip?
2) Cats or Dogs? Why?
3) What’s your favourite pun?
4) Are you a morning person or a night owl?
5) What’s your travel style? Plan every little detail, or go with the flow?
6) When was the last time you went to a live show? How was it?
7) You have an accident which is either going to cause loss of sight or loss of hearing; which would you prefer and why?
8) What’s something you’re super proud of?
9) What would your superhero name be?
10)Do you think that social media connects us to the world, or disconnects us from real-world interaction?
11) What are 4 things you simply cannot live without?